How to use and change autofill for forms in Firefox 2022
This tutorial is about using and modifying form autofill in Firefox. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to use and change autofill for forms in Firefox. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check how to use and change autofill for forms in Firefox
Firefox shows suggestions when you type in a form field. Displays an ordered list of options for the field, filtering them as you start typing. The new form autocomplete, coming to Firefox later this year, will change this mechanism. Profiles are basically used to fill all the corresponding fields of the form at once instead of just one field. Instead of having to fill in each form field individually, simply select one of the available profiles to fill in all the fields at once. The new auto-fill forms feature requires you to set up at least one profile in Firefox. They are automatically retrieved by the browser and can be selected form by form if several profiles are added to the browser.
Firefox lists all existing profiles on the page that opens. Here you can add, delete or edit profiles. Click on the Add button to create a new profile in the Firefox web browser. Some restrictions currently apply. For example, in Country, only the United States is supported, some fields are missing, and data transformations for some types are also not supported. Click the Save button when you’re done. Firefox will take you back to the list of available profiles. You should see the new profile listed here and you can always click Edit to change the details or Delete to remove it completely.
Enable AutoComplete in Firefox
To use Firefox’s auto-complete feature, you must first enable it. And luckily, you can enable it separately for addresses and credit cards. This is useful if you prefer not to use it for one or the other.
- To get started, open Firefox and click the app menu icon (three lines) in the top right. In Windows, choose “Options” and in macOS, choose “Preferences”.
- Select “Privacy & Security” on the left of the Settings screen and scroll down to the Forms & Autofill section on the right.
- Check the box(es) of the auto-complete option you want to use. You can choose between “Autofill addresses”, “Autofill credit cards” or both.
Add auto-complete details
- You can add information to the Firefox auto-complete box to speed up future form filling. Return to the same place where you enabled the feature in Privacy & Security > Forms & Autofill.
- To add an address, phone number or e-mail address, click on “Saved addresses”, then on “Add”.
- You can enter as much or as little information as you want. This is useful if you just want to save your name or an email address, for example.
- Click “Save” and the details will appear in your saved address list.
Add credit cards
Many people are uncomfortable saving payment information to use for autofill. But if it’s something you’d like to do, it’s as easy as registering your details.
- Click on “Stored Credit Cards”, then click on “Add”.
- Enter your credit card details and click “Save”. The card will appear in your list of saved credit cards.
There is a useful setting to require authentication to autofill credit card details. The feature is available on Windows and macOS. Checking the box to require authentication will prompt you to enter your computer’s password to use the autofill option for your credit card.
Edit or delete auto-complete items
If you have a change of address or a new expiration date for a credit card, you can easily edit your saved autofill items.
- Go back to Privacy & Security > Forms & Autofill and choose “Saved Addresses” or “Saved Credit Cards”.
- To edit an item, select it in the list and click “Edit”. Make your changes and click “Save”.
- To delete an item, select it in the list and click “Delete”.
- You won’t be asked to confirm this action, so make sure you really want to delete the item before clicking the Delete button.
Final Words: How to Use and Modify Form Autofill in Firefox
Hope you understand this article How to use and change autofill for forms in Firefox, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.